Terms & Conditions
OFFICIAL RAFFLE RULES & REGULATIONS
2017 Mercedes-Benz GLA or CLA
2 YEAR PREPAID LEASE BENEFITTING
THE TEA ROSE FOUNDATION OF NORTHWEST ARKANSAS
By participating, you agree that these Official Rules and Regulations govern the conduct of the raffle (hereinafter “Mercedes-Benz Vehicle Lease Raffle”) and, together with the decisions of The Tea Rose Foundation of Northwest Arkansas, a 501(c)3 organization, are binding on everyone who purchases a raffle ticket and/or who is named on a raffle ticket.
- The Mercedes-Benz Vehicle Lease Raffle is a fundraising activity conducted by The Tea Rose Foundation of Northwest Arkansas, PO Box 2696 Bentonville, AR 72712 (hereinafter “TRF”). Profits from this raffle will benefit the Phi Alpha Omega scholarship fund and other poverty, health and literacy initiatives. These Official Contest Rules and Regulations may not be waived, modified or supplemented except by TRF. No modification of these official contest rules shall be enforceable unless made by
- The drawing, for a prepaid twenty-four (24) month lease on a 2017 base-model GLA or CLA Mercedes-Benz sedan, furnished by Mercedes-Benz of Northwest Arkansas, 2400 SE Moberly Lane, Bentonville, AR 72712, as the leasing agent, and will be held on November 19, 2016, at approximately 8:30 PM, at the “Lights, Camera, Fashion” Celebrity Waiter Gala at John Q. Hammons Convention Center in Rogers, AR. This date and all other dates stated in these rules may be extended at TRF’s absolute discretion. Tickets will be sold beginning on Sept 1, 2016. Tickets will not be sold after 8 PM on November 19, 2016. There will be a limited number of tickets, and tickets may sell out before November 19th at 8:00 PM. The prize drawing is open to the public, and the winner need not be present to win. The price per ticket is $75.00. A maximum of 300 tickets will be available for sale. Ticket sales will cease when the total number of tickets have been sold, or 11/19/2016 at 8:00 PM has been reached. In the event that enough tickets are not sold to cover the 2-year lease, the raffle will automatically become a 50/50 raffle with proceeds being split between Tea Rose Foundation of Northwest Arkansas and the winner with the winner eligible to receive up to $5000. In the event the winner chooses not to exercise his/her right to receive a pre-paid 2-year lease, he/she may opt to receive a cash pay-out up to $5000 (under the Arkansas state 50/50 raffle rules).
- Taxes: The IRS position is that amounts paid for chances in raffles, lotteries, or similar drawings for valuable prizes are not gifts, and consequently do not qualify as deductible charitable The winner will be responsible for all IRS liability as well as any personal property tax (as related to vehicle ownership). TRF will report the winnings to the IRS on behalf of the winner.
- If the 2-year lease is accepted, the winner must enter into a written Lease Agreement with Mercedes-Benz of Northwest Arkansas. Total value of the up-front prepaid lease is between $10,000 and $12,000, it includes sales tax, first year registration fees, and documentation fee. The contracted miles on the lease are 10,000 per year. Winner is responsible for payment of all miles in excess of 10,000 miles, calculated at $0.20 per miles. Winner is required to pay $350 disposition fee at lease end. Winner is responsible for the completion of all lease and credit documentation within two (2) weeks after raffle drawing (by close of business, Friday, December 2, 2016). Winner must be at least twenty-one (21) years old with capacity to Price, color and vehicle options are determined solely by Mercedes-Benz of Northwest Arkansas and may differ from the photo of a vehicle on the raffle tickets, social media, etc. Winner assumes and must pay any and all additional fees and costs incurred during the lease period, including but not limited to, gasoline and oil, maintenance not specifically covered under the vehicle warranty, adequate insurance as required by the Lease Agreement. TRF and Mercedes-Benz of Northwest Arkansas assume no responsibility for a prizewinner's tax and/or legal obligations and suggest the winner consult his/her tax and/or legal advisor. TRF will file a form 1099 or W-2G (whichever is applicable based on prize selected and value of prize) with the Internal Revenue Service to report the value of the prize won. The winner will also receive a copy of this form. This offer is void where prohibited by law and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
- By participating in this raffle, all ticket purchasers and those named on a raffle ticket accept and agree: (1) to be bound by all the rules, limitations and restrictions set forth herein; and (2) that their names and/or likenesses may be disclosed to and used by the news media and may otherwise be used by Mercedes-Benz of Northwest Arkansas and/or TRF for publicity purposes in area newspapers or other media including other print venues, television, radio, and online, including their
- TRF's interpretation and application of the rules and regulations shall be final. By participating in this raffle, each participant releases TRF, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated, Phi Alpha Omega Chapter, MERCEDES-BENZ OF NORTHWEST ARKANSAS and each of its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, owners, and agents from any and all liability for injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, and each winner agrees to indemnify and hold TRF, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated, Phi Alpha Omega Chapter, MERCEDES-BENZ OF NORTHWEST ARKANSAS and each of its respective directors, officers, employees, and agents harmless from any and all losses, damages, costs, expenses, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the winner's acceptance or use of the
- ELIGIBILITY: Raffle ticket purchasers and the person named on a raffle ticket must be at least 21 years of age at the time of purchase and have the credit-worthiness to qualify for the lease on their own. Raffle tickets may not be purchased in the name of a business, trust, corporation, or other entity, or wherever prohibited by applicable
- CLAIMING THE PRIZE: Winner’s name will be announced live at the Celebrity Waiter Gala on November 19, 2016, and also by posting on the Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated Phi Alpha Omega chapter website (www.akapao.com) and associated social media sites. Winner must follow instructions on posted announcement. Prize options are:
- 2-year lease: The Mercedes-Benz Vehicle Lease Raffle winner is advised to seek professional tax and legal advice because the prize could have material consequences on the winner with respect to taxes, income, government entitlements or other benefits, or other legal, financial or other matters. In order for the winner to receive the prepaid lease (subject to the other provisions in these rules), the winner must complete all lease and credit documentation within 2 weeks of the raffle drawing (by close of business Friday, December 2, 2016). The prepaid lease, provided by Mercedes-Benz of Northwest Arkansas will be transferred to the winner in "AS IS, WHERE IS" condition by Mercedes-Benz of Northwest Arkansas. TRF, does not provide any guarantee or warranty, expressed or implied, in connection with the prepaid lease. TRF and Mercedes-Benz of Northwest Arkansas accept no liability or responsibility regarding the manufacturing or condition of the vehicle covered by the prepaid lease. No warranties, express or implied, are made or offered by TRF or Mercedes-Benz of Northwest Arkansas.
- 50/50 Raffle: In the event that enough money is not raised to cover the 2-year lease, the raffle automatically converts to a 50/50 raffle with the winner eligible to receive 50% of the proceeds up to $5000. This cash limit being the maximum allowed by the state of Arkansas.
- Cash: In the event that enough money is raised to cover the 2-year lease, but the winner choses NOT to exercise his/her right to the 2-year, pre-paid lease, he/she may opt to receive 50% of the proceeds raised up to $5000 and will forfeit rights to any payment by TRF towards a 2-year lease.
- CAR VALUE: The value of the prepaid twenty-four (24) month lease on a Mercedes-Benz Sedan is between $10,000 - $12,000, to be finally determined at or around the time of the drawing by Mercedes-Benz of Northwest Arkansas. The Internal Revenue Service or the Arkansas Department of Revenue may accept that value of the lease or any other value for the purpose of determining any income tax that may be payable by the prize winner.
- REFUNDS: The execution of this drawing (resulting in a car award) is contingent upon a minimum number of tickets being sold to cover the cost of the lease. If the minimum threshold is met, the drawing will proceed as outlined. If the minimum threshold is not met, the drawing will automatically convert to a 50/50 raffle with the proceeds being split between TRF and the winner. The cash award can be up to $5000. TRF assumes no responsibility for lost or stolen tickets. A raffle participant's sole and exclusive remedy for a TRF breach shall be limited to the return of the purchase price paid for his or her raffle ticket(s). In no event shall TRF, Mercedes-Benz of Northwest Arkansas, or its respective directors, officers, employees, members, committee members, agents, contractors, advisors, or representatives be liable to any party for any loss or injuries to earnings, profits or goodwill, or for any incidental, special, punitive or consequential damages of any person or entity under any
- TICKETS/Chances: Tickets are $75 each, payable by cash, check to TRF, and may be purchased solely via members of the Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. You may buy as many tickets as you wish, subject to availability. Raffle ticket can be purchased in one name Each raffle ticket will be entered separately in the drawing. Each raffle ticket is a separate and equal chance to win the prepaid two-year lease on the 2017 Mercedes-Benz. Any prize and related tax liability will belong to the person named on the ticket, and the winner will be required to enter into a separate Lease Agreement with Mercedes-Benz of Northwest Arkansas, the terms of which shall be determined solely by Mercedes-Benz of Northwest Arkansas. You may purchase as many available chances as you wish. All sales transactions are final. No payments will be refunded except as noted above in "Refunds".
- DRAWINGS: The drawing will take place at approximately 8:30 PM on November 19, 2016 at the 18th Annual Celebrity Waiter Gala, “Lights, Camera, Fashion. Winner need not attend or be present at any event to win. TRF will oversee the selection of the winner. TRF will make reasonable efforts to contact the person named on the winning raffle ticket stub, using only the information on the winning raffle ticket stub form. Winner’s name will be posted on TRF parent’s website (akapao.com) and the social media sites with instructions on how to contact TRF to claim the prize. If, despite these efforts, the person named on a winning raffle ticket cannot be located within 72 hours after the drawing and after reasonable efforts by TRF, or if any such person is ineligible under these rules or applicable law, then that person will not be awarded the prize and another winner will be selected. The winner will be drawn at random from all remaining eligible entries.
- TICKET AND PAYMENT VERIFICATION: TRF reserves the right to reject any winning entry that is submitted with payment that does not constitute "good funds". The winner will need to provide proper identification to the satisfaction of TRF and Mercedes-Benz of Northwest Arkansas. Identification will include name, valid addres, social security number and other information as required by the IRS, State of Arkansas Department of Finance & Administration, Mercedes-Benz of Northwest Arkansas or other governing body. A representative of TRF and Mercedes-Benz of Northwest Arkansas will assist in coordinating all the details with the winner regarding the delivery of the 2017 Mercedes-Benz Sedan covered by the prepaid twenty-four (24) month lease, if that option is chosen.
- Winner agrees to the use of his/her name, photograph or videotape likeness and statements for publicity purposes by TRF, and/or Mercedes-Benz of Northwest Arkansas, and agrees to sign a publicity release without any further
- CHARITABLE GAMING LAWS: This raffle is held in compliance with the requirements of the Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration, for non-profit organizations. TRF has obtained the requisite registrations to conduct this raffle and was granted the following Raffle and Bingo License Number: 65615542-BRR. Questions may be directed to TRF at PO Box 2696, Bentonville, AR 72712.